By now you guys know I like muffins and breads and all things doughy. I’d like to give you an excuse but I just don’t have one. I just like dough, yo! And sometimes making breads and muffuns and all things doughy takes a whole lotta morning time. On a weekly basis, I get a lot of comments about “how do you have time to make all of that stuff?” SOmetiems I wake up at the ass-crack of dawn to make them and sometimes I don’t. Insert 90 second mug muffin here!
Let me warn you. This muffin NEEDS to be toasted and NEEDS a topping. If you eat it plain, well, that’s just weird. But if that’s your sort of thing then have at it. Me personally, I made it, sliced it, toasted it, and topped with grass-fed butter. You could also use jams and other butters. Next on my list of uses for these bad boys are my own version of eggs benedict. If these were a little bigger, I’d likely make a burger. How about mini sliders? I think so!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- 3 Tablespoons milk (whole, almond or coconut) plus ¾ tsp vinegar (I used almond)
- ⅓ cup Pamela’s Gluten-Free Baking Mix
- 1 tsp sugar (1 tsp honey, agave, molasses or 1 Tablespoon applesauce works well as a sweetener substitute)
- Mix the wet ingredients first and then incorporate the baking mix and sugar and stir.
- Pour the dough into a greased mug (I used coconut oil spray). Be sure not to leave any batter on the sides of the cup.
- Cook in your microwave for 90 seconds (times may vary).
- Done! Transfer muffin to cool on a rack.
- Serve warm or slice and toast and top with your preferred toppings (grass-fed butter, almond butter, preserves). This provides 1 mug muffin but I sliced into 4 coins and only ate ½ a serving.