It’s no secret that I love pizza. I literally would eat it every night if I could. I’m not even exaggerating either. Sadly, there are never any leftovers because we always manage to polish off the gluten free pizzas we’ve order the night before. If you are a gluten free foodie like I am, you know the gluten free pizza crusts are always so dang small so that really limits your leftovers probability!
Behold, the breakfast pizza. No more worries about having leftovers (although if you do, just broil it and top it with an egg over easy and voila). But seriously, I’ve found the FASTEST paleo, gluten free pizza crust EVER. (I’m picturing Wendy Peppercorn when I’m saying EV-VER by the way). So yeh, make the dough and top it with my suggestions. Don’t be weird and make it without the pesto. That’s just wrong. Make it my way first, then you can make it your own way. Just trust me. This dough isn’t super flavorful so you’ll want the pesto to kick it up a notch.
PS before my paleo peeps freak out, the crust is 100% paleo. The toppings I chose however, are not. Feel free to mix it up but personally I think this pizza is perfect with a small amount of pesto and cheese. 80/20 eh?
- 1 cup tapioca flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I use THIS brand)
- 1 - 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning blend
- *add any spices you like, this crust itself doesn’t taste like much without any spices
- ¼ or more pesto (I used Trader Joes Quinoa Pesto)
- grape tomatoes
- proscuitto, ½ package
- ¼ cup shredded asiago cheese
- ¼ shredded mozarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ingredients until a wet dough forms (which will not look or feel like a normal dough). It'll be slightly hard but gooey when spread out. Spread it out over the parchment paper until it resembles a pizza pie. It will puff and rise so make sure it is spread thin.
- Par bake for a few mins (I did 2-3), then remove to top with pesto, cheese, and sliced tomatoes.
- Place back in the oven. While pizza cooks for an addition 10 mins. cook a few eggs over easy in a low-heat pan. Before they are done, slide them off onto your pizza along with the prosciutto and finish baking for 2-3 mins, making sure not to over cook the eggs.
- Remove from the oven, cut into 6 slices, and DEVOUR!