- 1 lb Fresh Salmon (or 4-5 small cans of salmon)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1-2 tsp spices (I used fresh thyme and rosemary)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup Panko
- 1 tbsp Mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 3 tbsp capers (optional if you like that flavor)
- avocado oil for cooking
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ Balsamic
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Pulse fresh salmon in a mixer or ninja (or you can dice but this isn't as effective). You want the consistency to be like a paste.
- Mix the salmon and all of the ingredients except oil/ketchup/balsamic/red pepper in a bowl. You may need to add more mayo or panko if your salmon patties won't "stick" when pressed into patties.
- Make 6 patties and immediately drop onto heated pan with 4 tbsp avocado oil.
- Cook 5 mins or so on each side until sides are crispy and middle is cooked through.
- While patties are cooking, mix balsamic and ketchup with red pepper flakes.
- Serve salmon patties hot with a drizzle of the balsamic ketchup.