Goat Cheese & Fig Bacon Burgers
- 1lb organic ground beef
- 4-6 slices black forest bacon (or any variety)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fig jam, prepared (I used Trader Joes)
- Handfuls of arugula
- 1-2 tsp fresh herbs, minced (I used rosemary and thyme)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
- Optional: sweet potato fries for side dish
- Prepare and pan fry bacon. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to prepare for burgers.
- While the pan is heating. mix minced fresh herbs and garlic with ground beef. Do not over mix or the meat will be tough. Make 4 patties out of the ground beef and set aside.
- Once grill is ready, spray with non-stick spray and cook patties 4 mins on each side (more or less depending on your desired doneness. Mine came out medium).
- Top with prepared fig jam, bacon, and a few avocado slices. Serve over a bed of arugula and red onion and sprinkle goat cheese if desired.
- As an additional side, these go really well with sweet potato fries.