I’ve had this major sweet tooth lately. Like, it’s UNREAL. I typically find my plate filled with veggies and lean meats so to add in sweets throughout the day or at night isn’t so unusual to me. To be honest, my life is all about balance, enjoying myself and feasting on happy moments. Okay okay, a lot of my sweet indulgences call for fro yo or donuts or chocolate chip ANYTHING but this is a peace offering to those who judge my sweet treats. And if you are reading this, why do you really care what I’m eating anyways? I’ll eat you too!
Anyone who knows me knows I have something sweet almost every night before bed (assuming we didn’t somehow consume it for breakfast). I’ve never been one to omit or go without and this sweet craving is likely a result of all of my activity. It’s not unusual for it to be 8-9pm and one us needing our late night snack. Sometimes it’s a cookie and sometimes it’s a protein shake. I promise to give you more yummy healthy stuff and less of the junky foods. You all know where to find that. Ha!
While I get back to eating all the veggies and indulging in healthier treats (rather than donuts), go ahead and make this pro-yo bowl. It’s almost the consistency of fro yo and not quite drinkable like a smoothie. It’s perfect and thick and full of protein!
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup Chocolate Milk or (Almond Breeze Chocolate or Regular Cow's Milk)
- 1-2 scoops your favorite protein powder (I recommend Progenex Chocolate)
- 1 packet instant coffee, if desired
- 1 cup spinach
- A few ice cubes
- Almond Butter
- Toasted Almonds
- Toasted Coconut
- Chia seeds
- Protein Granola
- Sliced Bananas
- Enjoy Life Choc Chips
- Add all ingredients except desired toppings to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more almond milk and/or ice to reach the desired consistency. The smoothie should be fairly thick so that you can eat it with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings such as chia and granola.