I would have never thought to pair a marshmallow sauce with fries. Until now. Really, after you eat these, you feel like you’ve eaten a dessert. It very much reminds me of what sweet potato soufflés and casseroles are trying to be like over Thanksgiving but they never do the trick for me. They are just not quite “it.” Always missing something. Low and behold! All we had to do is turn them into fries and dip them into a sauce instead of trying to mask and top them with the marshmallow fluff! Easy as pie.
Now, don’t hate because I used pre-cooked sweet potato fries. I’m normally a fan of making my own but this day, I happened to be in a bind. We were coming home late from a CrossFit competition and I knew I was making burgers. I still wanted the fries and the Alexia brand was the perfect compliment. Don’t deny that they are super yummy! If you don’t have time to peel and prep, get these guys. Plus, you can always add ingredients to spice them up like I do. (I typically do cilantro lime with chipotle seasoning or cinnamon sugar in this case).
Serve these as a side dish or, better yet, have them as a sweet treat for dessert. I wouldn’t deny these as an appetizer with friends either. You can put the fries into individual cones and drizzle the sauce over top. Delicious!
Can I just drink this straight? I mean, would that be socially acceptable? I can totally picture putting this sauce into little shot glasses and chugging it. It’s that yummy. I say yummy too much. My apologies. I don’t feel horrible about this decision either because it has greek yogurt in it. Doesn’t that somehow cancel out the other not so healthy ingredients? See, don’t you feel better? I do. haha
- 1 package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries (or your own sweet potato fries)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup marshmallow creme
- ¼ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Thaw out sweet potatos and place into a large bowl. Coat with cinnamon and sugar and toss.
- Bake according to directions on the package.
- While fries are baking, in a medium bowl whisk together marshmallow creme, greek yogurt, and salt together; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process as the butter will begin to foam. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Do not burn! Set aside to cool for a few minutes then whisk into the marshmallow creme until well combined.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or drizzle over top.