OMG. I’m officially addicted to chia. I’ve already written in other posts that I love them so much but this one takes the cake. Primarily, because well, let’s be real; it tastes like cake. The other reason is because this has been my go-to I’m ‘haaangry’ snack all week. Luckily I made a few portions. It’s ever so sweet and creamy.
I happened to make this the night before a competition because I really (and I mean REALLY) wanted something sweet but I didn’t want to worry about the side effects of dessert or over-indulging. Insert pudding! The texture is perfect and the sweetness from the dates hits the spot. I also love how the chia swells and makes the pudding thick without being gritty or chunky. It’s super yummy!
- 6 tablespoons Chosen Foods chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (plus more for blending)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pulse dates in a blender until well chopped.
- Lightly pulse the rest of the ingredients in with dates: chia seeds, milk, almond butter, and oats. Mix in chocolate chips, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and ¼ teaspoon almond extract. Add a splash of milk and blend again until fully smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed (slowly) to keep the pudding as thick as possible.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (3-4hrs preferred, or overnight). Mixture will thicken a bit more as it sits.
- Serve the pudding with coconut whipped cream.
- Keep extra sealed in the fridge for 3-4 days.