Ok guys, I have a true man loving sandwich. A ‘Manwhich.’ It’s so so yummy and filled with plenty of meat and tons of flavor to make any man swoon. Pair it with a hearty beer and you got yourself a perfect man-loving meal!
The only problem with this meal…you won’t be able to set your sandwich down once you pick it up because it gets pretty messy. Ignore the mess on his face and just let him eat it. He’ll be so amazed at how yummy it tastes, he probably won’t stop to breathe let alone wipe his mouth.
You could easily substitute a GF bun or roll for this sandwich and try multiple varieties of ti-tip dry rubs and marinades. I prefer a pretty strong dry rub flavor such as coffee or rosemary but feel free to try your own!
- 2-3lbs Seasoned Tri-Tip (I chose Guy Fieri's Rosemary & Herb from Costco)
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 loaves of french bread of 6 ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- ¼ feta cheese
- 2 bunches of arugula
- 2 beefstock tomatoes
- 2 yellow sweet onions
- 1 package of mushrooms
- Prepare Tri-Tip according to your liking. If seasoning yourself with a dry rub, that will be to be prepared hours before to refrigerate or marinade.
- If grilling: pre-heat grill and cook ti-tip according to your preference. Aprox grill time is 45mins for a medium done 3lb ti-tip.
- If oven-baking: heat a large skillet with a few tbsp of oil over high heat. Once pat is very hot, sear the tri tip on each side for about 3 mins. Do not move or touch the meat once it's down. You are trying to get a good crust. Remove from the pan and place in a foil tented pan for 30-45 mins on a 350 degree oven. Aprox 10 mins per pound as a rule of thumb. Use a meat thermometer to check doneness. 130 degrees is medium-rare. Remove meat from the oven and let rest for 10 mins before slicing.
- While meat is cooking, mix sour cream with both cheeses along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready.
- Cook and caramelize sliced onions and mushrooms in a few tbsp of oil along with salt and pepper. These will take aprox 15 mins over medium heat.
- Thinly slice meat and heat your bread if desired for 2-3 mins in the oven, open faced.
- When ready, assemble sandwiches by spreading cheese mixture on bread. Layer with tri-tip slices and onion/mushroom mixture. Top with tomato and fresh arugula.
- Cut sandwiches and enjoy!