I have recently been trying to find our favorite version of overnight oats. I are partial the cookie dough/peanut butter/banana/chocolate variety so it’s quite easy to find something that scratches this itch for us. The problem is, a lot of the recipes are plain or aren’t as rich as I would care for them to be. Sorry, but I don’t want to feel like I’m eating plain oats. Isn’t that why I’m mixing stuff in anyways?
I found a way to morph a few recipes we found into this one. I will warn you though; the recipe as-is is quite high in calories so definitely for someone on the gains train or with plenty of room in their macros. If you half, (like I did), it’s still a substantial breakfast with plenty of protein! I ate half of a jar and was more than satisfied. Half of a serving made as I’ve written it below has aprox 26g of protein. Love this!
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I used Xendurance Xecute)
- 1 cup fair life chocolate milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chosen foods chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ banana, sliced for topping, optional
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and transfer to a mason jar filled all the way to the top. (You could easily split this in half to fill two jars half way which would still be as filling.)
- Let sit at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with banana or your choice of toppings and enjoy cold.