Raise your hand if you like waffles on Sunday! MEEEEE!!! I like all kinds of waffles. Waffles with fruit, chocolate chip waffles, apple cinnamon, frozen and dunked in chocolate, bacon-filled and topped with peanut butter…the list goes on. These guys are slightly indulgent being that they are topped with sugar, but OH so tasty!
They remind me of churros from Disneyland. Every time we go to disney, it’s inevitable that we will buy two things: a churro to share while waiting in line (probably at Pirates of the Caribbean) and ice cream on main street. It always happens so now I just go with it. These churro waffles are just as yummy, fluffy and cinnamon-sugary as the ones they sell at Disney. Who knew disney would have the best churros? I would beg to argue that the taco shop outside of the D Street Bar and Grill has pretty good churros at 2am but somehow I question my inebriated judgment.
Anyhow, make these churro waffles and double the recipe so you can freeze or refrigerate some for later.
- 1.5 cups of Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- ¾ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of Avocado or Coconut Oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- Start by separating the eggs and beating the egg whites in a mixer until they are stiff. Set them aside.
- Next, combine the Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix with water, Oil, and the egg yolks.
- Finally, I carefully fold in my egg whites, making sure not to overmix.
- Pour into your greased waffle iron and cook according to your manufacturer directions.
- Melt butter into a shallow dish and mix cinnamon and sugar into a separate dish.
- Immediately remove the waffles ad dip one a time into the melted butter and dunk each side into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve with berries and whipped cream!
- (double this recipe if you want to freeze leftovers)