For some reason, I’m the only one (or so I feel like) at the gym that doesn’t grow their own zucchini. That’s okay though because all these people who do grow zucchini in their garden keep bringing me their overgrowth because they can’t eat it fast enough. Clearly they don’t know my obsession with zucchini! I can put this green stuff in breakfast, lunch, or dinner without hesitation.
These bad boys are probably a favorite. Just the right amount of cheese and crisp to make them a savory addition to any protein packed meal (chicken or turkey or beef). You could layer them up like burger stacks, put them off to the side, or top them with an egg. The possibilities are endless!
- 3-4 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Grate zucchini and place in a colander with salt and toss gently. Let sit for 10 mins. Squeeze out as much water as you can with paper towels or by pressing zucchini into colander until tightly packed. You want these to be as moisture free as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.