Sometimes you just need a good italian dish. This one hits the spot without all of the layers of carbs, cheese and more carbs. This one is one of my favorites being that it is oh so tasty and hits the italian spot. You get all of the flavors you love and want without all of the carbs.
It’s perfectly light and yet still quite filling. All of the flavors combined leave you feeling satisfied and thinking as if you’ve just had a big ‘ol pasta meal!
- 3-4 large Zucchini,
- 5-6 slices of bacon or pancetta, diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cream (half and half)
- ¼ cup grated Parmersean cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Gruyere (or other cheese of choice)
- salt and pepper (only salt if needed since the bacon is plenty salty)
- 2 large chicken breasts (1 lb)
- italian seasoning
- Preheat oven the 375 degrees.
- Butterfly or slice chicken thinly to make 4 breasts. Season with salt and pepper and italian seasoning.
- Heat cooking oil in a medium-high heat pan. Pan-sear chicken breasts for aprox 2 mins each side to form a quick sear or crust on the outside. Transfer to a pan and place in the oven for aprox 15-20 mins or until juices run clear. While chicken is cooking, prepare zucchini mixture.
- Slice the ends off of the zucchinis. Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer, peel ribbons off of the Zucchini.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon (or Pancetta) and sauté until golden and crisp.
- While the bacon is frying; whisk the eggs, cream and cheeses together until well-combined.
- Add the Zucchini ribbons to the pan, and continue to sauté with the bacon until just starting to soften. Reduce heat down to very low (or off) and slowly pour in the the egg mixture while stirring quickly until the sauce thickens. If your pan is too hot, the egg mixture will scramble in the pan.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper, add salt to your taste (if using); divide the 'Zettuccini' into bowls and serve immediately.