I am seriously addicted to overnight oats. I try to create them every which way I can. Sometimes they are dairy free, sometimes not, sometimes without added sugar or syrup and sometimes not. Today’s version was definitely on the sweeter side with the perfect balance of cinnamon for a yummy fall breakfast treat. You can easily swap out some of the ingredients for your personal favorites (i.e. almond milk or coconut sugar), but I personally think this is a recipe you definitely want the cream cheese sauce for! It’s the show stopper!
I also find it extremely convenience when adding gelatin to my overnight oats to increase the protein macros without having to really think about it. Between the greek yogurt, milk and gelatin, these babies are packed with ample amounts of protein. If you are knew to adding gelatin, start with 1-2 tbsp and gently increase your intake throughout the course of 1-2 weeks to ensure stomach tolerance.
I try to make overnight oats 2 times a week for the mornings I don’t have time. Make these the night before in individual jars and grab and go!
- ⅓ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup vanilla or plain non-fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk or vanilla almond milk
- 2-4 tbsp gelatin (optional for added protein)
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pour all of the ingredients except cream cheese and powdered sugar into a mason jar. If you are adding gelatin, be sure to thoroughly mix with yogurt and milk prior to adding oats and other items. Store in a fridge for at last 4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to consume, prepare the cream cheese sauce. Mix your softened cream cheese (room temp or slightly heated until soft) with powdered sugar. Drizzle over oats and swirl in.