Another fall dish to hit the spot! This time, it’s a yummy honey mustard burger that is good both in the spring and in the fall! This is definitely one of my new go-to burgers. It’s a really yummy blend of flavors and likely one of the simplest recipes I’ve made in a LONG time.
My kiddos happened to really love these. It’s probably due to the sweetness of the honey and the apples mixed with the savory meat and potatoes. It’s the perfect blend. Keep it simple and try these two out. No additional sides or sauces need. Trust me.
- 2 lbs ground beef, organic
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 apple peeled and diced, i used a Jazz apple
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your ground beef, honey, dijon mustard, sea salt, and pepper
- Mix the meat well to make sure it's fully mixed.
- Make 6 patties and grill over medium high heat about 7-10 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second side until done to your liking.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat and melt some oil for cooking.
- Add your apples and onions and saute until the onions start to carmelize and turn brown.
- Next add your sweet potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Poor some water in the skillet mixing well and ensuring nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pan
- Cover the entire pan and let the water steam your potatoes.
- Once done to your liking, turn off the heat and add the cinnamon and mix well, then plate.