More sweets on sweets! I had a ton of dates left over in my cabinet from a party last weekend and was looking for something to make. I’ve tried a few faux larabar wannabes and these are a close runner up! They aren’t as sticky as the larabars (homemade) but just as tasty and a bit sweeter. They are pretty close deal to a cookie dough ball. I’m also a fan of anything in a ball shape. Just me? No? Ok sorry…
Speaking of balls…I am working on an pb oatmeal ball so keep your eyes peeled for those as well. Having these on hand for a nighttime snack, a daytime treat or a kid muchie is great because you are less likely to over-indulge. One and done!
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 heaping tbsp natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 6-8 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sea salt to taste
- Blend oats in a high speed blender or food processor until you get a consistency like flour.
- Add in shredded coconut, sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dates and water. I did mine in two batches or until mixed. Add more tbsp of water to get a stickier consistency if necessary.
- Fold chips into the dough.
- Scoop out mixture, roll into balls and store in refrigerator for about an hour.