I always need a good excuse to use zuchinni and there is nothing like muffins to do the trick. If I’m not grilling or snacking on these suckers, they are baked into some scrumptious treat for my kids and I to eat. (Let’s not forget the gym friennies that benefit from the leftover muffins that I can’t leave in my house). I can’t eat just one!
I’m a big fan of these muffins using either the Bob’s Red Mill GF all purpose flour or Pamela’s GF flour. Both are yummy! They can be made with traditional flour too but why use white flour when they can be delicious and gluten free! Shhhh don’t tell anyone…they won’t notice I promise! You can also omit the added sugar by removing the chocolate chips and adding an extra 1/2 cup of zucchini. The possibilities are endless with this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Avocado oil blend (sub applesauce to cut calories)
- ¼ cup milk (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts (you may opt to sprinkle on top or mix in).
- Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.