There are days when you just need something naughty and gooey but still within healthy limits. These get the job done! Ask your friends to try some; they’ll never guess there are garbanzo beans as the base! Super sweet and the perfect consistency to have a yummy ooey gooey bar! They are cinch to make since they are all done in the food processor. Make them for your kids or co-workers and refrigerate the extras (if there are any).
- 1½ cups white beans or chickpeas (1 can, drained)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree or mashed sweet potato, canned or cooked
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- ⅓ cup rolled or quick oats (or quinoa flakes)
- ¼ cup almond butter or allergy-friendly sub
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Total Time: 28m
- Yield: 10-12
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Place all of the ingredients except chips into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Stop in chocolate chips. You may wish to garnish top with added chips before baking.
- Pour into a 9x9 parchment paper lined pyrex. (I sprayed mine with coconut oil).
- Bake for 28 mins. Cool for 5-10 mins. Bars will be gooey and are best served warm.
Read more at http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/09/12/pumpkin-blondies-chocolate-chip-vegan/#0AmVhgIyY1YvL1t7.99